Zostel is a backpacker’s hostel chain across India, and there are a couple of Zostel hostels in Kerala.
Where is Zostel Alleppey located?
Short answer: Practically right on the beach!
It’s also about a 10-15 minute rickshaw ride from the Alleppey bus station and Alleppey ferry station.
Type in “Zostel Alleppey” below (partner website) along with your travel dates (or any future date) for an idea of how much this Alleppey hostel costs.
Or go here directly for hostel price along with reviews and photos.
Things to do when staying at Zostel Alleppey
2. Check in at the outdoor reception
3. Chill on the rooftop where there’s a common area and hammocks with ocean views
4. Chill on the ground floor where there’s a common area
5. Head to Alleppey Beach that’s a 5 second walk from the hostel
6. Make your own food at the kitchen after buying food from a grocery store in town
In a room with dorm beds in all-male or all-female rooms
Or in a private room
8. Book a backwaters canoe tour or kayaking tour
9. Eat at a restaurant with ocean views
That’s a 1 minute walk away
Or that’s a 10 second walk away
10. Go for a walk on the village road that runs along the beach to the end of the road
HAPPY HOSTEL STAY IN ALLEPPEY!
The need-to-know India travel tips!If it's your first trip to India, be sure to see these tips for getting around India on a budget, and more! Also be sure to see how to spend one month in South India and 2 weeks in North India, as well as tips for the Golden Triangle. And, overnight sleeper bus travel isn't so bad, and neither is traveling in general class on the train!
There are affiliate links on this page that lead to partner websites.
How to book India train tickets online as a foreignerIf you don't want to go through the complicated process of setting up an IRCTC Indian railways account as a foreigner...
Then the most convenient way to buy train tickets online is through this booking website. I've used it, and it's super simple! You buy the ticket, and then show the electronic version on your phone once you're on the train. Compared to buying directly through an Indian ticket booking website (IRCTC account required) or directly at the train station in India, there is a small convenience fee, as well as a less flexible cancellation policy, though!
India tourist visa tip!Access to India as a foreigner seems to be getting friendlier! There's an e-visa now and this visa fee is far less than it was before. See the current cost of an e-visa by selecting your country. That's a partner website to make the evisa application process less stressful - it's possible to apply on your own too. See about your options on how to get an e-visa for India.
Travel insurance for India - just in case!You get travel insurance hoping that you'll never have to use it. But if you do end up needing to use it, chances are that you will be VERY happy that you did get it! See how to figure out the cost of travel insurance for India.
Where to stay on the backpacker trail in Kerala
- Fort Cochin: Zostel Kochi
- Alleppey: Zostel Alleppey or Funky Art Beach House for chill beach vibes! (see my pics - zostel / funky) OR Dream Nest to be closer to town // and see how to spend one day in Alleppey
- Alleppey backwaters: cottage right on the waters
- Munroe Island: cottage backwaters homestay right on the waters (and see why you should consider munroe island!)
- Varkala cliff: Seawin or Prashanthi with ocean views