So you’re going from…
Can you get to the airport by bus?!
It IS possible to get to the airport by bus when you’re coming from Palolem!
But the question is…
Do you want to take the bus in Goa?!
It DOES take more time and patience.
And it does also require not minding so much about traveling with luggage.
But if these things are okay, then no problem! …or minimal problems. 😉
Because the end result?!
You’ll save some money in getting to the airport compared to the commonly suggested way of getting around Goa (taxi!).
Should you take bus or taxi to get to the airport from Palolem?!
How to get to Goa Airport from Palolem on a budget
This is the way I went to the airport from Palolem Beach anyway!
- Walk from Palolem Beach to main road (10-15 minutes)
- Take bus going to Margao (around 1 hour)
- Get off bus at Margao bus station (final stop)
- Buy express bus ticket to airport
- Take bus going to airport (around 30 minutes)
- Get off at stop near airport!
- Walk to airport (1 minute)
- Fly out of Goa!!
Walk from Palolem Beach to main road
Take bus going to Margao
Get off bus at Margao bus station
Buy express bus ticket to airport
Take bus going to airport
Get off at stop near the airport!
Walk to airport
Fly out of Goa!!
In simple terms?!
How to get from Palolem to Goa airport by bus
And see details of how to do each route!
How much does it cost to go to the airport by bus?
This is how much my trip cost me!
- Palolem to Margao bus – 35 rupees (US$0.50)
- Margao to Goa Airport bus – 42 rupees (US$0.50)
So total cost of the trip from Palolem to Goa Airport by bus was 80 rupees (around US$1).
Palolem to Margao bus ticket
Margao to Goa Airport bus ticket
So that’s a bit about taking the bus to the airport!
How much is a taxi to the airport?
The most convenient and quickest way to get to the airport would be to go by taxi.
You can expect it to cost a bit more than taking the bus, though!
According to the sign posted at the airport in 2019, a prepaid taxi from the airport to Palolem costs around 1,790 rupees (US$25).
So you can probably expect it to cost around the same in the opposite direction going from Palolem to the airport.
And that’s a bit about how to get from Palolem to the airport!
HAPPY TRAVELS FROM PALOLEM TO GOA AIRPORT!
The need-to-know India travel tips!If it's your first trip to India, be sure to see these tips for getting around India on a budget, and more! You might wait until India to buy this mosquito repellent that works for many foreigners! Also be sure to see how to spend one month in South India and 2 weeks in North India, as well as tips for the Golden Triangle. And, overnight sleeper bus travel isn't so bad, and neither is traveling in general class on the train! Also see the easy way to get an e-visa. And this is the easy way to book train tickets online as a foreigner. I've used it, and it's simple! You can just show the e-ticket on your phone.
There are affiliate links on this page that lead to partner websites.
Hostels in KeralaFor a hostel with international standards in Kerala, try Zostel!
More Zostels in Kerala:
Zostel is a top backpacker chain across India, and I've stayed at many Zostels in India! And outside of Kerala, if you'll be passing through Gokarna as you go from Goa to Kerala (here are options of how to get from Goa to Kerala!), then Zostel Gokarna is in an amazing location too! Here are pictures from the on-site cafe that overlooks the ocean.
Where to stay on the tourist trail in KeralaThese places basically go down the coast from north to south!
- Cochin: Try a homestay in the cute heritage area of Fort Kochi.
- Marari Beach: This is an "off-beat" location as Marari is mostly unknown to backpackers, but it can be a convenient stop to make between Cochin and Alleppey with chill laid back vibes. For an idea of what type of beach can be nearby, see my beach walk from Alleppey to Marari.
- Alleppey Beach:
- Funky Art Beach House again for chill vibes with a location among locals in a residential neighborhood
- And there's Zostel Alleppey too for another beach location to stay several days
- OR if Alleppey is a quick visit, try Dream Nest to be closer to town
- And see how to spend one day in Alleppey (short version: go for the backwaters village canoe tour instead of a houseboat!)
- Alleppey backwaters:
- Munroe Island: This is another generally kind of more off-beat location, and you can see a different part of the Kerala backwaters on a quiet island
- Varkala cliff:
Retreats in KeralaFor relaxation and rejuvenation for health and wellness, also see:
- Yoga retreats in Kerala
- Ayurveda retreats in Kerala - ayurveda is basically healthy living through natural herbs and remedies, and Kerala is the birthplace of ayurveda!
How to book India train tickets online as a foreignerIf you don't want to go through the complicated process of setting up an IRCTC Indian railways account as a foreigner...
Then the most convenient way to buy train tickets online is through this booking website. I've used it, and it's super simple! You buy the ticket, and then show the electronic version on your phone once you're on the train. Compared to buying directly through an Indian ticket booking website (IRCTC account required) or directly at the train station in India, there is a small convenience fee, as well as a less flexible cancellation policy, though!