If you’re looking for a quieter alternative to the Alleppey backwaters, you just might love the Munroe Island backwaters.
The best way to get a Munroe Island canoe tour would be do go stay on the island for a night or 2 (or more!) and then arrange a canoe tour through your accommodation.
Otherwise, you can probably contact any guesthouse or homestay on Munroe Island and they will likely be happy to arrange it for you.
My backwaters canoe ride cost 500 rupees (US$7) for a 2 hour sunrise canoe tour.
For comparison, Alleppey canoe tours are usually around 1,000 rupees (US$15) but the tours around this price range are full-day tours that come with breakfast and lunch.
A canoe ride through the Munroe Island backwaters will give you a much quieter backwaters experience from a canoe though!
Here are pictures from my canoe ride through the Kerala backwaters around Munroe Island!
What to do after your canoe tour?!
Once you get back to your Munroe Island homestay, you can have a delicious Kerala breakfast waiting for you.
And then, how about…
Where to stay in Munroe Island
There are affiliate links below.
Have a look at these top-rated Munroe Island homestays
- Munroe Nest homestay
- Green Chromide homestay
- Munroe Days homestay
- Munroe Heritage Inn
- Villagio Munroe
More Munroe Island accommodation
HAPPY MUNROE ISLAND CANOE TOUR!
Be sure to take a look the Kerala Travel Guide for one week in Kerala so you can plan the PERFECT trip to Kerala!
There are affiliate links on this page.
Where to stay on the backpacker trail in Kerala
- Fort Cochin: Zostel Kochi
- Alleppey: Zostel Alleppey or Funky Art Beach House for chill beach vibes! (see my pics - zostel / funky) OR Dream Nest to be closer to town // and see how to spend one day in Alleppey
- Alleppey backwaters: cottage right on the waters
- Munroe Island: cottage backwaters homestay right on the waters (and see why you should consider munroe island!)
- Varkala cliff: Seawin or Prashanthi with ocean views