I made my first trip to India (and Kerala!) when I was 22.
Now I’m here to show you that travel around India as a foreigner doesn’t have to be as scary or as hard as you may think, even if you’re backpacking India alone!
How to spend your first trip to India
- One week in Kerala
- One month in South India
- 2 weeks in North India
- Traveling around the Golden Triangle
Basics of travel in India for foreigners
- Essentials to know for your first trip to India
- Easy way to get India tourist visa
- Basics of backpacking Kerala
- Basics of backpacking Goa
Examples of getting around India
Things to do in Kerala India
- Kerala backwaters on a budget
- Kerala backwaters canoe village tour
- Kerala backwaters by ferry
- Kerala backwaters homestay
- Kerala snake boat race
- Kerala ocean view guesthouse
- Kerala beach walk
- Kerala tea plantation walk
- How to spend one day in Alleppey
Ultimate India backwaters activity: You can read the reviews for the overnight houseboat!
🥥 Read the reviews of these highly rated tours:
Ultimate India wellness activity: Kerala is known as the place that ayurveda started! You can read the reviews for the 14-day ayurveda yoga retreat in Kerala!
Ultimate India foodie activity: Every region of India has its unique cuisine! You can read the reviews for the 14-day chef-guided authentic culinary tour in Kerala!
There are affiliate links on this page.
Welcome to Kerala!!
Welcome to India!!
HAPPY BACKPACKING KERALA!
For examples of general class train travel, see:
For examples of AC train travel, see:
For examples of local bus travel, see:
For examples of overnight bus travel, see:
See more backpacking India travel tips!